In case someone's wondering, the raws for this chapter took a week longer than usual to come out, so that's why the translation took longer as well. Also, work on Toki chapter 3 is already under way. I think it should be ready in a week or so, depending on how busy I am with other stuff.
Ritz made a new blog post a few days ago. This time she answers quite a few readers' questions. This is a summary of what she says (it's a little long so I'll put it after the break):
Ritz blog post 16.08.03
Words in italics are my (Akio's) comments.
- In the new Toki manga, the selection of the story setting, the gathered info, the new character's names and designs, etc. are all credited to MekiMeki.
- In Shinohayu, the Interhigh of 3rd year of high school will not be the "last battle".
- In the beginning (before playing mahjong), Sawaya used her Pawci Kamuy as an animal to help people.
- In Saki Volume 15, the reason Takahashi-san appears naked is because she sleeps naked. (this is a reference to the hastily drawn extra material, similar to Tacos' miniseries from the earlier volumes, but with the adult versions of Chiyoko and Naoko from Shinohayu.)
- During the Achiga semifinal, when Saki was taking a nap, the one who fixed Saki's blanket was Miharu.
- I don't know much about how they choose the voice actresses. Check some of my earlier posts. (in an earlier post, Ritz said that the studio sends her samples of some of the audition tapes and she sends back her approving opinion, but even then that particular actress might not be chosen after all. However, she says that she doesn't have any complaints so far.)
- As far as I'm concerned, all characters are essential, but there might be other scriptwriters who think differently.
- Akado-sensei teaches computer science. She also has a license for teaching geography and history but that depends on the school circumstances.
- It appears that she's a cheerful and friendly teacher.
- Anetai-san was already collecting autographs from famous players since before the 2nd round of the tournament.
- Regarding Toki's future vision and Ryuuka's cooking, please check some of my earlier posts. (in an earlier post, Ritz said that Toki sometimes uses her future vision for other things that take one turn/lap to complete, but Ryuuka is the only one who knows that. Also, Ryuuka is naturally good at cooking.)
- The size of Spirit Toki does not depend on the points of the winning hand. (Ritz calls it "pillow spirit", I assume because she comes out of Ryuuka's lap pillow.)