Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saki 236, Achiga 34, Toki 53

It was more convenient to release these 3 chapters together so here they are. Toki and Achiga were only delayed by a couple of days anyway.

Saki. Good story progress but... since there's a new volume to be released in November, Saki takes a two-month break for the usual pre-release work: corrections, covers, special illustrations and so on. On the other hand, the spinoffs continue for at least another month.
 
Achiga. A single page in Saki 205 is expanded into a whole chapter with lots of background information. Focus on Kuro and Achiga, obviously.
 
Toki. We are still in the match with FunaQ. It seems like things are about to change though.
 

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice three for one.
    That ryuuiisou has been speculated for a while and it dropped pretty unceremoniously.^^ Won't see Hisa's match until novemebr though, sad.
    The little bit of Tsuyuko focus in achiga is nice.
    Thanks for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure if I remember all yakuman in this final match. I think it's 2x Tenhou, Chuuren Poutou, Ryuuiisou and Kazoe, and we are only 2/5 through the match, with Takami still having to play. At this point I think a final count close to 15 wouldn't be a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter.
    By now Toki has hardly had anything new. Like every chapter is almost the same about her just rephrased with diferent words. If there is something I look forward about her is collapsing because of sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the translation!
    I expected Toki to win a few hands without even being the dealer, but it didn't happen, poor Toki. Most of the yakuman won in the final were obtained by Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai. I wonder if someone from Rinkai or Achiga can get yakuman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot that Kuro won the kazoe yakuman. Then I expect a yakuman from Rinkai too

      Delete
    2. Well Toki has her future sight being locked by her future self and without this she is a pretty decent player at her high school days but nothing special, what was this, 3rd team of the school or smth at last grade?

      Delete
  5. Can anyone tell me what's the point Mako gets from that Ryuu iisou tempai, please? Sadly, I expected that she would show other more skills that would intimidate other players. I really enjoy her match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryuuiisou is a yakuman so 32000

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your hard works.
    May i ask, is Saki popular in Janpan? I want to find some community to talk about it but only find some in reddit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could go to some manga forum like animesuki, I guess. There's a Saki discord server too, so try that.

      Delete